We support and advise rural community groups on a wide range of issues and...
Revitalising Rural - Realising the Vision
The Rural Services Networks was delighted to launch it’s campaign 'Revitalising Rural: Realising the Vision' on 1st March 2021.
The campaign calls on Government to fairly fund rural areas and to ensure that Government policies are developed and implemented in ways which take into account the particular needs of rural communities.
The Launch Event was chaired by Philip Dunne MP, (Chair of the Rural Services APPG) and focused on three key issues highlighted in the campaign that are vital to rural areas: Rural Transport, Affordable Rural Housing and the Rural Economy. To see who was involved each of the 3 sessions, click here.
The Revitalising Rural: Realising the Vision campaign sets out a number of key asks of government in 14 policy areas as below:
- Rural Fair Funding
- Rural Digital Connectivity
- Rural Transport and Access to Services
- Access to Rural Health and Care Services
- Rural Schools and Community Facilities
- Rural Economies
- Rural Further Education, Training and Skills
- Parish Councils and Rural Community Action
- Rural Planning
- Rural Town Centres and High Streets
- Availability of Rural Affordable Housing
- Managing an Older Rural Population
- Sustainable Farming and Land Management
- Decarbonising Rural Communities and Economies
All the documents can be viewed here.