We support and advise rural community groups on a wide range of issues and...
Parish Council Network Event
Date: Thursday 12th November 2020 at 4pm to 6pm via Zoom
Topic for discussion: Improving the biodiversity of your community
Cost: Free to NACRE members/£10 to non-members
This meeting is open to all Parish Councillors and Parish Council Clerks who are members of Northamptonshire ACRE and will be held via Zoom. If you were unable to attend our recent network meeting about improving biodiversity in your community, we are running the meeting again at the request of members. We will be looking at how villages and rural communities can improve the biodiversity of their area and help to mitigate the effects of climate change on their environment. It is all part of our Resilient Communities theme: how rural residents can prepare to lessen the impact of any crisis that might arise so that the health, wellbeing and livelihoods of residents are increased. We have the following agenda:
• What is biodiversity and how can you improve it in your parish - Jennifer Hedges, Rural Officer for Northants ACRE
• Community Energy schemes - Harry Mellor, Chair Easton Neston Parish Council • What members are doing to improve the biodiversity of their area
• The Green Directory and Northamptonshire Climate Change Strategy 2020 - 2023 - Elaine O'Leary, Chief Executive Northants ACRE • Q&A session
• The Hunsbury Hill Farm project - Richard Hollingum, Trustee Northants ACRE
• Useful websites and funding
Once you have booked a place on the network meeting, we will send you the Zoom link and joining instructions. If you have any queries about the above, please email [email protected] or tel. 01604 765888 for more details.
To reserve a place, go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/parish-councillors-network-event-biodiver...